Thread  RSS Undertale

# 7309 8 years ago on Mon, Dec 21 2015 at 12:00 am

Oh, man. Undertale is great.

I recently bought the soundtrack to this game; it's a mixture of 8-bit chiptunes, SNES style music, and more modern instrumental stuff.

The game is rather unique. Most role playing games are centered around the concept of killing monsters and gaining experience to make your character stronger. It is nice to see a game that can be completed without simulated or implied violence. It's not that fighting monsters or enemies in games is necessarily bad; it's just nice to have something break the mold a bit. Undertale actually discourages killing the monsters through the way its story plays out.

Still, what stands out the most in the game is the creative soundtrack. Toby Fox does one heck of a job with this.

(On a side note, he's worked on music for the web comic "Homestuck", which, for some weird reason, I have avoided reading.)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 9954 8 years ago on Tue, Jan 12 2016 at 2:23 am

It seems it really is impossible to slam this jam. . .

...but maybe, with the last of your power...

...you can SLAM something else!

Interesting.

# 11241 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 2:47 am

laughing !!! I love this game! I could never, ever, EVER do a genocide run. I think Toby designed it to where you couldn't stand to do the genocide run if you played pacifist first.

I hear you do get some interesting twists in the ending if you do both pacifist and genocide, in either order.

Also +1 for a slamming is jamming remix.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 11439 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 15 2016 at 4:49 am
Post Image

Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Friday, January 15th, 2016 at 4:50 am)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11635 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 18 2016 at 7:05 am

This is one of the best tracks in the Undertale OST:

Good luck, kid. We're all counting on you.

...for some reason this song has been stuck in my head while working on getting back some of the old forums data and thinking about how much of the old stuff is unrecoverable.

EDIT: Oh, I should add that this track is actually a "Paulstretched" version of the main Undertale theme.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Monday, January 18th, 2016 at 7:12 am)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago