Thread  RSS RP Planning / Discussion Thread

# 7375 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 7:46 pm

I LOVED the old RP's we used to do.

If we ever get one going again (will we have enough people interested?) I'm going to re-cast my old character from the 2214 RP, Shell. I know that thread is long, long gone but if I can remember her attributes and back story I'll put it here.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 at 10:16 pm)

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 7380 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 9:28 pm

Although I remember the great RP's we used to do, I cannot remember anything about my own characters. I do remember Shell, Electra, and Lynx's character.

Really wish I had saved a copy of those old threads. It was rather stupid of me not to do so.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 7384 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 11:02 pm

I feel like I may not really have time for this sort of stuff anymore, myself, but I could give something a try at some point. I'm much more accustomed to running games in a chat on IRC these days, though.

# 7385 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 11:37 pm

It's cool. I know you're very busy these days and the IRC channels are probably the most effective way of running the RPs.

I think forums-based RPs are really more of a collaborative creative writing project as opposed to a typical, structured role playing game.

Perhaps this category shouldn't be called "Role Playing" but something else that more accurately describes collaborative story telling without the regular game play mechanics.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 7386 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 2 2016 at 11:52 pm

Honestly, in my case, I think part of it is just the fixed schedule of everyone getting together makes things run smoothly, while forum-based stuff can sort of die out due to lack of active posting.

So, eh, if I do a thing, I'd probably just at least hold myself to a posting schedule just to keep things going and fresh. I could probably toss up a few dumb ideas I've had, at some point, too.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:14

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago