Thread  RSS RP Planning / Discussion Thread

# 11589 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 17 2016 at 11:06 pm

My evenings are somewhat free, so time isn't a big problem as long as it doesn't take half the night to write a post. Most of my entries will be moderate in length.

Unless it really heats up and then it's a different situation entirely.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 11598 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 18 2016 at 12:59 am

I tend to think that expecting certain length to posts is counter-productive. Write as much or little as you need to. This isn't high school English, where you need to pad out a word count.

As for the ideas, I can probably run with a number of them. I actually had some thoughts on the plane rides back home about some of this stuff, and one that came up is the whole fancier and different civilization off-planet is definitely doable. And could be pretty interesting. Though if there's cyberpunk dystopia themes elsewhere, they'd still be present, and the shining worlds of wonder are possibly not, in reality, all they're cracked up to be.

One definite would be that there's nothing stopping anyone living out in space or a colony from going planetside, which may or may not be a big rarity. Though they probably would be identifiable one way or another, due to the different culture and so-on. Possibly also that pretty much everyone has some basic cybernetics for things like accessing the ubiquitous wireless 'net and so-on.

So, that's solid and things are beginning to come together.

I think, too, there's probably some places out in space that aren't super great, or colonies that aren't also perfect and magical, but that's just how it goes. And again, well, image of things versus reality of things.

I can certainly do something with horror themes in space, though it may just be for some part of things ,rather than the entire focus. Hm...yes...

And pretty much got a basic elevator pitch for things figured out, just need to figure out a proper title for a cyberpunk-y game that may go elsewhere, and I'll toss up a thread for characters and general OOC discussions.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 at 12:39 am)

# 11731 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 20 2016 at 1:09 am

I'm good with the ideas already put up by you guys. Cyberpunk / space dystopian adventure. I kind of have a character in mind but haven't decided for sure. When the character bios start going up I'll put together something more complete.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:4

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago