Thread  RSS Kingdom Hearts

# 8516 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 4 2016 at 1:35 pm
Post Image

Because it is it does is has snoopy in it

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8628 8 years ago on Thu, Jan 7 2016 at 11:06 pm

That game. Call me crazy but the whole Square Enix universe and Disney universe mix is like oil and water. They try to make it work but it's like having maple syrup on mashed potatoes.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 8634 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 12:40 am

A lot of people like it but I've never played it nor do I find the premise all that interesting. I've never found the classic Disney characters to be compelling in an adventure story sense.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8639 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 2:03 am

I find the actual gameplay entertaining in Kingdom Hearts, but after the first game, the story just kind of ended up going all over the place, and not in a good way. All these funky Squaresoft guys specifically for the series just sort of mess up what started primarily as a fun story with silly light and darkness themes. I guess I'd say the series takes itself too seriously, or something. Won't stop me from playing the games, but I can enjoy something and still poke fun at how stupid it gets.

# 8649 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 4:11 pm

It's not terrible. While I'd agree the story is contrived, it's entertaining.

The Disney / Square characters combination isn't oil-and-water, IMO. It actually works, bizarre as it may seem at first. Maybe it's just something you get used to as you play.

Squaresoft HAS dropped the ball as far as storytelling overall. The themes are tired and worn-out, as you said, "light and darkness" conflicts. It is silly and it seems that they want to concentrate on the characters but completely forget about any kind of interesting, novel plot.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:11

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago