Thread  RSS Life Is Strange

# 8532 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 4 2016 at 4:28 pm

Nitro was posting funny pictures about it so I got the idea of striking up a discussion, if anyone else here has played it, about the game "Life Is Strange".

I'm not much of a gamer but we have an XBox One so when I was hearing such good things about the game, I bought it and played through the first three episodes (4 and 5 weren't out yet). When episode 4 came out, I thought it just kept getting better and better but episode 5 was anti-climatic IMO.

I'll avoid spoilers for now. Is there a spoiler tag in case of them later?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 8535 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 4 2016 at 5:02 pm

Regarding spoilers, I think the game's been out long enough that it's ok.

There is no spoiler tag feature in this system.

EDIT: spoiler (click to show):

Ask, Miroku, and ye shall receive.

I liked the first four episodes and episode 5 was excellent until the very end. I found the ending to be an enormous letdown and it was very unsatisfying.

The version I have is for the PC and it runs quite well on my hardware, which is about 5 years old (well, the graphics card is. The rest of the hardware is about 6 years.)

One complaint I've heard about the characters and writing is that the way the characters acted was completely unrealistic for high school kids and it was clear that the writers didn't research the modern vernacular of high school students in the United States. On the other hand, they did extensive research on the setting and even used GPS coordinates in the game that matched where Arcadia Bay would be. (On a side note, I wrote a script that took the coordinates from the game's text and converted it to a Google Earth .kml file)

My opinion overall is that it was a fun game with a terrible ending.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 at 12:22 am)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8588 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 6 2016 at 12:34 am

I'm bumping this so Miroku can see it. Editing an old post doesn't automatically bump it.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8602 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 6 2016 at 2:37 pm

Thanks for adding this! proud

spoiler (click to show):

I'll use this a lot when talking about games or shows.

I noticed something funny, Life is Strange and 2214 are both about time travel and 2214 starts out in a coastal town in Oregon, too!

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 8711 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 2:16 am

I actually thought both endings were fairly good.

spoiler (click to show):

The tragic choice between sacrificing Chloe or Arcadia Bay was important to the theme of putting off the inevitable and choosing selfishly or unselfishly.

Sure, both endings were depressing but they had a purpose.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago