Thread  RSS Star Trek

# 8656 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 7:20 pm

I'm not really an anime fan but call me a Trekkie anyday.

Are there any other Star Trek fans around here?

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 8663 8 years ago on Fri, Jan 8 2016 at 10:47 pm

Well, I'm not a full-fledged "Trekkie", per se, but I'm a casual fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Never did get into the original series. It's kind of funny to see what kinds of stuff was deemed futuristic in the original series, however. We've already moved past flip phones in the year 2016, let alone by 2266. raspberry

BTW, the timeline of the original Star Trek series starts exactly 250 years from now!

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Friday, January 8th, 2016 at 10:50 pm)

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 8700 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 9 2016 at 9:37 pm

Yet while we have tablets, we don't yet have communicator badges or tricorders. I'm something of a fan of the series, primarily The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I also really enjoyed Star Trek Online, but that's more for a different board.

# 8703 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 9 2016 at 11:12 pm

Star Trek nailed touch screens, though, you have to admit.

On Saturday, January 9th, 2016 at 3:47 am, Wolfwood29 said:

We've already moved past flip phones in the year 2016, let alone by 2266.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 8828 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 2:06 pm

The Next Generation certainly, did. All their controls were multi-touch surfaces, which we have today in spades.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:5

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago