Thread  RSS I'm insane and I'm doing an insane thing...

# 10283 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 13 2016 at 6:07 pm

It's been a real nostalgia trip going through the old stuff.

Nitro, I want to send you some stuff I saved from a long time ago. Maybe you can import that, too, if you want to. wink

(pssst... check your private messages.)

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10290 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 13 2016 at 8:32 pm

Thanks Wolfwood!

Everyone, I have a very important piece of news.

I discovered a LOT of additional content that was saved on web.archive.org.

This includes... (drum roll, please....)

THE GREAT 2214 ROLE PLAYING THREADS OF 2005!

I will have to filter and re-arrange the data quite a bit but I believe I can make this massive screen scrape operation work.

When I'm done, you'll have a very large quantity of content from the Binary Vibrance forums all the way back from 2005!

Additionally, I'm working on grabbing more content from more recent incarnations of the forums. Although not everything will be salvageable, what I believe most will find to be the best content is most likely going to be added.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 10291 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 13 2016 at 10:16 pm

That sounds exciting. Most of that is probably before I came along, I would imagine.

Would love to browse those old archives once they are available.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 11100 8 years ago on Thu, Jan 14 2016 at 6:00 am

I've restored most of what I could parse. The old role playing threads are in the role playing section. Unfortunately, there were some pages of the RPs that weren't available on archive.org.

There are still some other old threads to convert over to the new system but I have most of them, I think.

Some of the old threads act strangely; there are a few duplicates and some with duplicate posts inside them. I'll debug this when time allows (soon).

Enjoy!

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11102 8 years ago on Thu, Jan 14 2016 at 8:22 am

WOW! What a trip!

It looks like we all got really into our parts, too! That was so much fun to read!

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago