Thread  RSS The 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' Movie

# 10819 19 years ago on Sat, Mar 12 2005 at 3:25 am

I've never read the book. Do you think it would be like Lord of the Rings, where only people who read the books would be able to fully understand the movie?

# 10820 19 years ago on Sat, Mar 12 2005 at 5:13 am

I don't think so. The books are hilarious, but aren't so long and detailed that a movie can't get all the important information to the story. Well, scratch that, because a book is a book and movies can't be 20 hours long. Still, since it's a comedy, the emphasis will probably be on the overall humor from the book.

# 10821 19 years ago on Sat, Mar 12 2005 at 6:02 am

There's some things in the book that are hard to imagine how they'd do in the movie, like when the universe collapses. That and how Zaphod Beeblebrox would look makes the movie idea interesting, IMO.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 10822 19 years ago on Sat, Mar 12 2005 at 4:28 pm

I'll be thrilled when this comes out. Such a big fan of Douglas Adams. He passed away just about a year ago, didn't he...?

So long, and thanks for all the .

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 10823 19 years ago on Sun, Mar 13 2005 at 12:01 pm

In the TV show, they just made an animatronic copy of the actor's head and stuck it on his shoulder for Zaphod. And just plain didn't show the exterior of the Restaurant at all. It's worth checking out just for the little animated sequences from the guide. DVD costs about $20, I think.

And Jade, I strongly recommend checking out the books. Nothing funnier.

Amazon has 'em for $13 Gret price for five books.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago