Thread  RSS Ikasucon 2003

# 11180 20 years ago on Sun, Mar 14 2004 at 10:04 am

Last summer, Dan Hess of Angel Moxie user link on www.venisproductions.com and I hosted the web comics panel at Ikasucon 2003. We had a rough plan for the panel and it consisted mainly of taling about what we did in terms of producing web comics.

We also had an art table.

I think this was the first year for Ikasucon. There was a small yet respectable turnout for a brand new convention. It was held at the convention center in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Three whole people showed up for the panel! If some mixed fraction of people showed up for the panel, that would have been interesting indeed.

After that first year, I think Ikasucon has moved to Blue Ash, Ohio for this year.

For specifics, I'll probably start a new topic for Ikasucon 2004.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11181 20 years ago on Mon, Mar 22 2004 at 4:48 am

Only three people showed up for your panel? undecided

I'm sorry we couldn't make it. I had plane tickets and everything (was traveling to Cincinnati for other reasons that coincided with the con) but at the last minute some urgent family business surfaced and I couldn't make it out there.

There were some others planning to meet me there, too. Did they show up?

Put everything on ice

# 11182 20 years ago on Mon, Mar 29 2004 at 11:31 pm

Nope, nobody from the forums showed up. Some other people that I knew from some other forums did show up and talked to us for a while in the artists' alley, though.

I ended up selling two posters, though! smiley

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11183 20 years ago on Tue, Apr 6 2004 at 7:15 pm

Glad you guys at least got to do your panel. It sucks more people didn't show, though.

# 11184 20 years ago on Wed, Apr 14 2004 at 1:59 pm

I would have loved to go!

Ohio's not terribly far to drive, my friends and I are going to Anime Central next month in Chicago! bouncy

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago