Thread  RSS Ar Tonelico series

# 11483 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 16 2016 at 1:11 am

Heh. I know all about bugs slipping through due to oversights against one's best efforts... we're using a system right now that was FULL of them!

Xenogears locks up a PlayStation 1 emulator at the following point:

spoiler (click to show):

After Fei becomes Id and cracks the Yggdrasil over his head and has this dream where he meets his other personalities before he wakes up in D-Block of Nortune, the game will freeze because a texture is displaying a video clip (Fei watching his childhood self kick a ball with his mom)

Xenogears still plays fine on the PS2 except for some weird glitches in the background music (out-of-place instrument sounds hitting a single, sustained note randomly).

I guess at some point I'm going to have to get another PlayStation 1 so that the game plays perfectly again.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11866 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 25 2016 at 4:10 pm

There used to be a legit PS1 emulator called "Bleem!" but they discontinued it. That really sucks too because old PS1 games are fun but the consoles can and will wear out.

-- S T R A T U S !

# 11898 8 years ago on Wed, Jan 27 2016 at 2:12 pm

Bleem wasn't really "legit" - Sony never sanctioned it. They actually sued Bleem but lost in court. They still put Bleem out of business through the lawsuit even though they lost.

Which is pretty screwed up if you think about it. Big companies who can afford the lawyers can put the little guys out of business just by suing them even if they know they don't have a case because the legal fees end up destroying the little companies.

Interesting.

# 11965 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 1 2016 at 4:46 pm

That lawsuit was a joke. If Sony thinks they can stop people from emulating any console, they have another think coming. The DRM blocks a lot of it but for the games and consoles from the good old days, that genie got out of the bottle a long time ago.

Since Bleem won the case, though, I wonder if any other company will try to market an emulator before they get put out of business from another lawsuit (by winning but going broke).

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:16

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago