Thread  RSS Steins;Gate

# 11517 13 years ago on Sun, Aug 14 2011 at 7:01 pm

Steins;Gate is my new favorite anime. It's about time travel and it even references Back to the Future.

It started out as a visual novel type game but I'm talking about the anime adaptation. The main character, Rintaro Okabe, is freaking nuts. He's obsessed with Dr. Pepper and fancies himself to be a mad scientist. He and his two friends perform odd experiments in their small one-room office / apartment / something, involving cobbled-together devices called "future gadgets". His friend, Itaru Hashida, is an experienced hacker who plays along with Okabe's craziness along with Mayuri Shiina, Okabe's childhood friend.

One day, while microwaving bananas (because why not?!), a chain of unexplained phenomena involving Okabe's cell phone and a girl giving a theoretical physics lecture suddenly turning up murdered - only to be perfectly fine moments later with no recollection of signs of harm - takes place.

The microwave, combined with Okabe's cell phone, turn out to be some kind of time machine. The story revolves around a "butterly effect" theme as events unfold.

It's a weird and somewhat original story with amusing characters.

I highly, highly recommend this show.

There are some funny coincidences with the studio being called Nitroplus and the title having the word "Gate" in it. Rest assured that this series came out long after I started doing 2214.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11518 13 years ago on Tue, Aug 16 2011 at 5:58 am

I watched the first episode. That's something that might be enjoyable.

How do we know you didn't microwave a banana and then travel back in time to give yourself the ideas for 2214? raspberry

C:>print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe

'print_out_million_dollar_bill.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external revenue service, operable profit, or bank file.

# 11519 13 years ago on Wed, Aug 17 2011 at 4:56 pm

I've played the visual novel / game / dating sim / whatever you want to call it. The anime looks tempting.

Where can I watch it?

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 11520 13 years ago on Fri, Aug 19 2011 at 3:55 am

Karma, do you mean legal or...?

That's not a knife.. THAT's a knife.

# 11521 13 years ago on Fri, Aug 19 2011 at 4:55 am

Dogged, don't even hint at pirated stuff or illegal sites.

That's grounds for a ban. Consider this a warning.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:18

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago