Thread  RSS High court will hear Microsoft appeal over Xbox lawsuit

# 11530 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 16 2016 at 10:03 am

Hello, everybody. Have some news.

The Supreme Court will decide whether Microsoft Corp. must face a class action lawsuit by disgruntled owners of the Xbox 360 video-game system who say the console has a design defect that scratches game disks.

The original story: user link on phys.org

Duh, right?

You almost never get the pleasure of seeing that you won the argument in real time. People just don't like to publicly change th

-- Sam Harris

# 11531 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 16 2016 at 10:17 am

Have a choccy fish. choccy fish

Design is fairly good. Saying stands to reason.

Thank goodness.

LorenDonovan, you were here two years ago, right?

difference with regards to MISS that have a lot of d

# 11533 8 years ago on Sat, Jan 16 2016 at 8:29 pm

That is a bad defect in the Xbox. None of my discs were screwed up too badly but I've seen first hand what this lawsuit is about. The design may be fairly good but the defect is unquestionably real.

Whether the suit should go forward is a different matter but I can see the point that if the console damages your games, maybe you should be compensated for that since the games are expensive.

Interesting.

# 11594 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 18 2016 at 12:34 am

Does Microsoft even have a QA department? Go figure they wouldn't figure out this design flaw until after the console is already last generation.

Speaking of Microsoft, being forced into using Windows 10 (because the upgrade can't be stopped) is not "see how many people downloaded it? They love it!" Dammit, Microsoft.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:5

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago