Thread  RSS Fractale

# 11693 13 years ago on Sat, Feb 12 2011 at 4:51 am

I've been watching Fractale on Hulu. So far I've watched four episodes (it's currently running so there's only four episodes available). So far I really enjoy it.

It takes place in the future but it's not the stereotypical utopian or cyberpunk future often depicted in most anime (or most media, for that matter). The setting is out in the countryside and it looks a lot like Ireland, to be honest. Everyone's connected to a satellite-based virtual reality system.

The main character is an orphan. His "parents" are these things called Doppels - an augmented reality form of AI - over which he has a great degree of control, which means he essentially lives by himself on his own terms. So, the main character, named Clain, bumps into this girl dressed like a nun, who leaves behind a pendant. The pendant actives this other doppel named Nessa, who joins Clain in a mission to return the pendant and find out what's up with Fractale.

This is definitely one of the better series I've seen recently.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 11694 13 years ago on Sun, Feb 13 2011 at 9:08 am

Good, I'll take a look at it. Glad it's availble somewhere to watch legally.

# 11695 13 years ago on Mon, Feb 14 2011 at 1:25 pm

I like Nessa's character. She's a little... annoying but she seems like she's tied to something much larger.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 11696 13 years ago on Tue, Feb 15 2011 at 5:42 pm

I've read some of the manga of this, they had it in the local bookstore around here. I was surprised to see it available in the US so soon after release in Japan.

The manga's not bad but I haven't looked at any of the anime series yet. Since it's currently running, I'm assuming Hulu is the best place to catch it right now.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 11697 13 years ago on Wed, Feb 16 2011 at 10:00 pm

Oh, the first episode is nice. Actually, for once, an anime follows the manga somewhat faithfully.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago