Thread  RSS EarthBound

# 12598 8 years ago on Sat, Feb 13 2016 at 9:40 pm

One of my favorite nostalgic super NES games!

EarthBound is a really light-hearted adventure RPG with lots and lots of goofy humor. At the very end of the game it takes a weird and sudden change in tone:

The game is so much fun! There are fan-made sequels too and Undertale, which you guys posted about before, is made by a guy who started out making fan mods of EarthBound.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 12624 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 15 2016 at 7:14 am

Earthbound is neat. The battle system is simple enough but I like the cartoony style. That final battle does get dark especially with that theory about how Giygas is an aborted fetus. For the record I don't seriously believe that Ito intended for that but it's scary once you see the pareidolic fetus in the undulating background.

The story about how Ito got Giygas' nonsensical ramblings is true. He saw "The Military Policeman and the Dismembered Beauty" by mistake when he was a little kid. That traumatic experience was the inspiration for that final battle.

(This post was edited 8 years ago on Monday, February 15th, 2016 at 7:16 am)

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 12630 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 15 2016 at 9:14 am

I've never played Earthbound. I would wholly approve, however, of comics and animations where Giygas is put into funny situations.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 12636 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 15 2016 at 6:28 pm

But Nitro, you cannot comprehend the nature of Giygas' sense of humor.

# 12637 8 years ago on Mon, Feb 15 2016 at 7:37 pm

A scene where Giygas goes grocery shopping would be hilarious. He's just floating in air and kind of projects a mosaic of himself on the groceries and everything else as he floats by with a shopping cart in front of him, using that stock sound effect of squeaky wheels.

Some kind of vaporware / elevator music version of "Giygas is Wounded" is playing over the P.A.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago