Thread  RSS Snowden files set for wider release

# 13873 7 years ago on Mon, Nov 14 2016 at 11:04 pm

On Sunday, October 16th, 2016 at 2:38 am, Nitrocosm said:

I don't want to outright ban political discussion as that would be draconian.

I just personally won't express any political views. Things are too polarized these days.

Wasn't this kind of an unspoken rule? Even if it's not explicitly banned, I strongly suggest it to be deprecated considering the current political climate.

This is just about the only place on the Internet right now that isn't on fire with in-fighting.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 13874 7 years ago on Tue, Nov 15 2016 at 1:20 am

I don't remember any time where it ever became a problem in these forums. It seems everyone understands that this isn't the place for such discussions, so an actual rule was never needed.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 13876 7 years ago on Wed, Nov 16 2016 at 12:57 am

It's never, ever been an issue here. Relax wink

I will say that Snowden's been pretty vocal lately and I hope he can somehow work out a deal where he can get a pardon or something. I'm not sure it will happen - just that it would be nice.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 13928 7 years ago on Tue, Mar 7 2017 at 6:38 pm

Relevant to this old thread, the "Vault 7" leak from Wikileaks is a pretty big deal right now.

In keeping with the appropriate tone around here, I'll hold off on political commentary but it would be worth noting that the domestic spying goes a lot deeper than the Snowden revelations.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 13930 7 years ago on Wed, Mar 8 2017 at 8:46 pm

It's hard to completely avoid the political aspects but I'll say this: The Vault 7 leaks are just another indicator that the government has zero respect for the 4th Amendment.

I do find it satisfying that a lot of the stuff that would get you called a "conspiracy nut" for discussing years ago is now coming out to be absolute fact.

Really, it stems from the fact that if the power can be granted, it will almost always be granted and used to its fullest extent, especially if it can be done in secrecy.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago