Thread  RSS Chrome Symphony - Extra Run 1

# 13706 8 years ago on Tue, May 17 2016 at 8:50 pm

Shell arrived at the Velvet Room around 10 pm and met Jax at a booth.

Elise had contacted the two of them earlier that day, asking if they would be interested in helping with a low-profile run. There was a need for deckers that could both modify hardware and move quickly on the 'net, so Shell and Jax fit the need perfectly. Shell had agreed to hear more about the job, so she decided to go to the Velvet Room to find out more.

As Elise finished her bartending duties, she met the two of them and sat down at the booth.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 13707 8 years ago on Tue, May 17 2016 at 9:15 pm

"I'm glad you two decided to take an interest in this job," said Elise.

Elise looked around, to make sure no one suspicious was listening in.

"Normally, for this kind of thing, we'd use one of the private rooms," she said. "Since I'll give you a proper briefing later on, assuming you accept this job, this will suffice."

Elise sent some information to Jax and Shell.

"Have a look at these network maps," said Elise. "I'll be doing my usualy moonlighting and taking care of the more physical dirty work. What I need from you two is about 20 minutes of security system jamming while I take care of business."

Shell nodded. "So, where is this," she asked.

"The Vector facility at City K2," replied Elise. "They're working on some military hardware and I've been asked to go in there and grab some of the prototype fuel cells. They're about as well-guarded as any military facility would be. My client wants these prototypes and are willing to pay handsomely for them. I've been given a budget to hire some technical help and you two fit the bill perfectly."

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 13708 8 years ago on Tue, May 17 2016 at 10:14 pm

Atlas walked into the Velvet Room and saw Elise, Jax, and Shell sitting at a table. He too had received an e-mail from Elise. She had requested Atlas sneak away that night from his usual duties at Crest headquarters and provide some extra muscle on a run.

"Hey, Elise," said Atlas. "Sorry I'm late. I had to wait until Jess was asleep."

He sat down at the table.

"So, we're doing at run at Vector, huh? I take it you know they are well-known for being serious about security."

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 13709 8 years ago on Wed, May 18 2016 at 7:29 am

"Can you be sure that Jax and I will be outside of any combat," asked Shell.

Elise nodded. "You'll be off in another area, where their network hardware is exposed. Atlas and myself will actually go into the heavily guarded areas. You just need to penetrate the electronic security," she replied.

"Good," said Shell. "As you know by now, I'm not well suited for combat."

Elise shook her head. "You don't have to worry. I'm pretty good with planning. This isn't going to be like our previous missions where we were more or less flying by the seats of our pants."

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 13710 8 years ago on Wed, May 18 2016 at 5:14 pm

Jax looked over the plans to the Vector facility.

"They've made some rookie mistakes when planning their architecture," said Jax. "Don't they know that if they have their network cables exposed on the outer perimeter of the facility that they can be tapped?"

Jax laughed. "At any rate, a hardware tap might not even be neccessary. I could probably even access their systems from here."

Elise shook her head. "I'd rather we not do anything that could potentially raise their awareness until we're actually on site," replied Elise.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:7

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago