Thread  RSS Main Site System Overhaul

# 13910 7 years ago on Fri, Feb 17 2017 at 2:43 am

Howdy, folks.

I just wanted to let you all know that the main site here (www.nitrocosm.com) had a complete back-end overhaul. I just pushed the new system live tonight.

Please let me know if anything breaks. I tested everything on the front end rather extensively and I'm still doing some work on some back end administrative tools.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 13912 7 years ago on Wed, Feb 22 2017 at 7:05 pm

Give it the old rigorous battery of tests, huh?

I'm digging around right now and I'll let you know if I catch any bugs.

Honestly, I can't tell that anything's changed. You did already push the whole thing live and didn't roll back, just to be clear?

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 13915 7 years ago on Wed, Feb 22 2017 at 9:29 pm

There aren't very many aesthetic changes, aside from improved Javascript on the music track players and an improved "view larger" feature for artwork.

Most of the changes in the new system revolve around the database structure, how content is organized and managed internally, and the addition of a new meta data table for all media items (artwork, comics, music, and videos).

I put together a system to parse midi files and extract their data so that the music mp3 files can have information added from their source MIDI files like tempo (calculated from other attributes) and time signature.

I tested everything quite a bit but you know how it goes... something is always, always overlooked no matter how much testing the developer performs. annoyed

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 13916 7 years ago on Sat, Feb 25 2017 at 3:34 pm

I poked around. Poked it but it diedn't broked.

In other news, hi Wolfwood! I'd been lurking but tumbleweeds.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 13919 7 years ago on Mon, Feb 27 2017 at 10:33 pm

That's cool but honestly I can't tell a difference. Maybe that's a good thing.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:4

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago