Thread  RSS Bill could penalize employees who decline genetic testing

# 13972 7 years ago on Mon, Mar 20 2017 at 8:02 am

So many people are likely to opt out that, even if the bill passes, employers won't be able to implement things like this without massive pushback.

Personally I'd boycott companies that require this of their employees. Voting with your dollars is one of the few things that has a chance to still work.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 13975 7 years ago on Tue, Mar 21 2017 at 2:17 pm

On Monday, March 20th, 2017 at 1:02 pm, Jovian said:

So many people are likely to opt out that, even if the bill passes, employers won't be able to implement things like this without massive pushback.

Personally I'd boycott companies that require this of their employees. Voting with your dollars is one of the few things that has a chance to still work.

Me too if it's public whether or not the company does it.

Chances are it's going to happen, sadly. I won't be surprised if it becomes mandatory, maybe indexed at birth or something like that. Who knows, they might already be doing it.

# 13976 7 years ago on Wed, Mar 22 2017 at 5:16 am

This is why companies are finding it harder to get good employees. The good ones know they are in demand so they won't settle for this kind of bulls***. So, in the end, companies that do this end up with the desperate people who will put up with anything just to earn a living.

I also think it's BS that they do credit checks on prospective employees. Rack up debt? Make some bad decisions? Great, now you're really f***ed because no one will hire you and your problem will only get worse. Same with criminal records.

If you mess up, it's getting harder and harder to turn your life around.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 13978 7 years ago on Wed, Mar 22 2017 at 8:49 am

On Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 at 10:16 am, SirAuron said:

If you mess up, it's getting harder and harder to turn your life around.

How true.

On Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 at 10:16 am, SirAuron said:

I also think it's BS that they do credit checks on prospective employees.

Exactly. What if you have crappy insurance and you or a family member gets really sick? Your finances can go sour overnight. Yet that in turn screws you out of getting a job if they do credit checks. Seems dumb to me! angry

# 13983 7 years ago on Wed, Mar 22 2017 at 6:04 pm

Although I can't say much about it, we do have a wellness program where I work but *everything* about it is purely optional and there are no penalties, only some discounts.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:14

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago