Thread  RSS Is YouTube Going Away?

# 15924 5 years ago on Tue, Sep 17 2019 at 7:58 pm

So you had PROOF and they still say they're going to axe your account? That's just plain stupid.

Maybe YouTube's really going to be gone in a few years if this is how they do things.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15925 5 years ago on Thu, Sep 19 2019 at 5:42 pm

Well, I won the dispute and my channel is no longer at risk of being terminated.

A friend of mine pointed out that my amateur radio call sign was in the video as well as my voice. It seems the call sign was absolute proof (it could be used to positively identify me in a publicly-available, federal database) and YouTube had no legal grounds to question my claim after I pointed it out to them via e-mail.

Ham radio saves the day yet again!

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15927 5 years ago on Fri, Sep 27 2019 at 4:20 am

I'm glad it worked out! I've seen Youtube channels that have done that before. They just download and take whatever videos they like and re-upload them, getting their views. It's a shame you got in all that trouble for filing a complaint over something so obvious like that.

Facebook had a real problem with copycat re-uploads from Youtube a couple years ago but they set something up to prevent it.

That's neat that you happened to have your ham radio id in the video but it's funny that wasn't the first thing that stood out.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15928 5 years ago on Sat, Sep 28 2019 at 12:28 am

On Thursday, September 19th, 2019 at 10:42 pm, Nitrocosm said:

Well, I won the dispute and my channel is no longer at risk of being terminated.

A friend of mine pointed out that my amateur radio call sign was in the video as well as my voice. It seems the call sign was absolute proof (it could be used to positively identify me in a publicly-available, federal database) and YouTube had no legal grounds to question my claim after I pointed it out to them via e-mail.

Ham radio saves the day yet again!

Good to hear. That whole situation was bulls***.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15939 4 years ago on Mon, Nov 4 2019 at 3:59 pm

I'm happy to see that you resolved that problem.

As far as YouTube overall, for all intents and purposes they're shooting themselves in the foot. From everything I've seen they've been openly hostile to most of their creators, even the more prominent ones, by taking away income and trying to be advertiser-friendly, as if only the ad buyers matter and the content producers are just freeloaders or something (if anyone is freeloading, it's YouTube).

I thought about starting a YouTube channel reviewing anime and maybe doing tutorials but meh, why bother now? Track a couple of smaller YouTube channels on Social Blade, for instance. You'll notice that growth is slow compared to the rate that channels of comparable size saw just a few years ago. They've set up new recommendations algorithms and such.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:5

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago