Thread  RSS Is YouTube Going Away?

# 14033 7 years ago on Fri, Mar 31 2017 at 4:52 pm

Never been a YouTuber. Only time I go there is if someone links me a video.

I've never had a Twitter account. My FB account is strictly family but I haven't logged in for months.

# 14035 7 years ago on Fri, Mar 31 2017 at 6:49 pm

I've used Twitter and Facebook on and off as well as Google+ and some other social networks. None of them really provided any value to me. Overall, they tend to just put me in a foul mood so I don't use any of them now.

It seems YouTube has the same effect; my videos are all on Vidme now: user link on vid.me I don't know how Vidme will turn out but it seems kind of promising for the time being.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14036 7 years ago on Sat, Apr 1 2017 at 12:11 am

10 years from now, political bickering online will have more or less ceased as it's seen as unproductive and an exercise in frustration.

You might expect people to just retreat to private conversations or "echo chambers" as they are called today but people actually learn to drop their arguments and try to work together.

Because of the current political and social climate, a lot of fighting over petty issues leads to so much division that, when real a true crisis hits, people are at first unable to work together but after a few tragedies the finger pointing eventually stops and this time period serves as a historical example of how society SHOULDN'T conduct itself.

There will be a time where the Internet is more or less shunned because of the bitter taste left in many peoples' mouths before people eventually attempt to put aside their differences. Sadly, it's too little and too late.

Tempus Edax Rerum

# 14038 7 years ago on Sat, Apr 1 2017 at 12:53 am

Depends on if you're a "mainstream" web user or not. I hang around mostly in IRC and small forums. No "social media" crap... never got into it, never had an account.

As for YouTube, it's probably slowly on the way out but not for the reasons given by the OP. It's fading as competitors eventually get more market share. Just like MySpace, nothing wrong with the site but newer sites came along and people moved over, just like they will again.

A lot of people already quit Facebook and Twitter. You just don't hear much about them because they keep to themselves.

# 14055 7 years ago on Tue, Apr 4 2017 at 1:13 am

I didn't know there were such things as "mainstream" and "alternative" web users.

Huh.

Where is my head

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago