Thread  RSS Is YouTube Going Away?

# 15621 6 years ago on Wed, Feb 21 2018 at 6:12 pm

As a general rule, there's always a company that will figure out how to do things better that will shake things up. I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened to YouTube already, honestly.

As mentioned before, I'm no fan of social media and it does give me a weird kind of glee to see Facebook and Twitter falling apart at the seams. raspberry

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15625 6 years ago on Fri, Mar 9 2018 at 8:22 am

On Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 at 11:12 pm, Wolfwood29 said:

As mentioned before, I'm no fan of social media and it does give me a weird kind of glee to see Facebook and Twitter falling apart at the seams. raspberry

It seems a lot of people feel that way. Maybe it's fatigue. Understandable if so.

# 15638 6 years ago on Mon, Jun 11 2018 at 10:55 pm

On Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 at 11:12 pm, Wolfwood29 said:

OMG that's so prophetic considering what happened with Facebook in the past couple of months with the fake news / Russian trolls thing!

I know their stock went down a bunch right after that. I more or less don't touch my account there anymore / mostly use Pinterest nowadays and sometimes Instagram (although FB owns them so maybe not much longer).

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15641 6 years ago on Fri, Jun 15 2018 at 5:43 pm

On Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 at 3:55 am, Miroku said:

OMG that's so prophetic considering what happened with Facebook in the past couple of months with the fake news / Russian trolls thing!

I guess it could be seen that way but the Cambridge Analytica stuff was just a more publicized example of how that site collects and abuses user data.

It amazes me that people still use Facebook. I was on there on and off from 2009 through 2015 but kept killing my account in frustration and disgust.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15644 6 years ago on Sat, Jun 23 2018 at 9:59 am

YouTube's actually starting to show serious signs that Google is pulling away resources from the user content. There was an inexplicable removal of MIT Courseware and The Blender Foundation channels' videos recently. Either there's severe mismanagement or a not-so-subtle test to see how people respond.

I'm putting my money on the "Google TV" speculation BUT I think it will take longer to happen than you guys have mentioned.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago