Thread  RSS Is YouTube Going Away?

# 15767 5 years ago on Fri, Jul 5 2019 at 12:38 am

Certainly an interesting thing to ponder. Imagine losing all of the stuff available on YouTube - so many things from the past decade are stored on it! Hopefully, if this ever happens, they might give us some time to save/archive our videos. Maybe.

My six subscribers will be crushed by this newsraspberry

Have a happy New Year!

# 15788 5 years ago on Sat, Jul 6 2019 at 6:38 pm

On Monday, November 5th, 2018 at 3:35 pm, Lexica said:

If Google somehow wants to lose a lot of money to convert YouTube as an ideological platform, it may be re-purposed for that but it's not b***** likely.

That's what I thought for a long time until last week. Google / YouTube just got exposed for trying to do exactly that. Which is weird because that's going to affect their bottom line.

(This post was edited 5 years ago on Saturday, July 6th, 2019 at 6:39 pm)

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15789 5 years ago on Sat, Jul 6 2019 at 6:54 pm

On Monday, November 5th, 2018 at 3:35 pm, Lexica said:

If Google somehow wants to lose a lot of money to convert YouTube as an ideological platform, it may be re-purposed for that but it's not b***** likely.

On Saturday, July 6th, 2019 at 11:38 pm, Helena said:

That's what I thought for a long time until last week. Google / YouTube just got exposed for trying to do exactly that. Which is weird because that's going to affect their bottom line.

They are doing it because they are effectively a monopoly and the political ideologues among their ranks have the loudest voices (and the most pressure on management). Either the government will break up the company or they will continue as planned.

Solutions? Use Vivaldi or Brave for your browser (I've been using Vivaldi for over a year now) and DuckDuckGo or Startpage for search. Using Google and Chrome is always okay as long as you realize there's bias in the search results and you don't go to any sites they don't like.

As for YouTube itself, I'm surprised they haven't banned more channels. It's far from the only video hosting site on the web but it's still where 99% of the video content is. It's mainly the alternative news media channels that have moved to other platforms and not the entertainment content so, for many, there isn't much of a point of using other video sites yet.

(This post was edited 5 years ago on Saturday, July 6th, 2019 at 6:55 pm)

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15798 5 years ago on Sun, Jul 7 2019 at 6:28 pm

The situation with YouTube looks increasingly in concert with the predictions of a certain "JT2038". Hmmm.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15800 5 years ago on Sun, Jul 7 2019 at 8:46 pm

On Sunday, July 7th, 2019 at 11:28 pm, Nitrocosm said:

The situation with YouTube looks increasingly in concert with the predictions of a certain "JT2038". Hmmm.

JT2038 is singing from the same hymn sheet as my sources despite how much they enjoy role playing.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:4

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago