Thread  RSS So... how did you find this site?

# 14189 7 years ago on Mon, Jun 12 2017 at 9:47 pm

I saw this topic come up in an older thread and I didn't feel like become a thread necromancer.

How did everyone discover these forums and come to be part of this community?

My story is this: I was a huge webcomic fanatic back in the early 2000's and would read Megatokyo, Van Von Hunter, AppleGeeks, and tons of others. I saw an add for "2214" on Megatokyo one day and decided to click it for some reason.

After reading through the comic, which I admit I didn't think was all that special in the beginning, I got hooked on the story and then after a couple of months I saw that forums had been set up, so I was one of the very first to join. smiley

Even though the comics are mostly dead (obviously) I still hang around here.

So how 'bout you guys?

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 14190 7 years ago on Mon, Jun 12 2017 at 9:55 pm

I was brought here through the web comics too. For me, being relatively late to the party, it was Obfuscated Trace Echo and not 2214 (although I did eventually get around to reading that one too).

But I guess the main attraction had to be the role playing in the forums. grin That's really what keeps me coming back.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 14191 7 years ago on Tue, Jun 13 2017 at 3:09 am

No way folks, Nitro and I were JUST talking about this last night.

I'm not really a big anime or web comics fan but I stumbled across this site after doing a search related to some things (which I won't get into here) that were in an e-mail sent to me back in the mid 1990s. It's kind of a funny story, all things considered. Nitro and I actually became acquaintances through those circumstances.

The reason I stuck around was definitely the forums community. No offense to Nitro but I just didn't come here as part of the 2214 fandom. It doesn't mean it's been any less fun. smiley

(This post was edited 7 years ago on Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 at 3:10 am)

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 14192 7 years ago on Tue, Jun 13 2017 at 11:09 am

Decided many times and you'll be interesting. .

Jovian, how do you like it in Cape Coral?

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.

-- Marcel Proust

# 14193 7 years ago on Tue, Jun 13 2017 at 4:43 pm

Carita, you joined the forums when I programmed you into them!

Jovian, that is pretty funny. Also, I am not offended. Web comics and anime are not everyone's cup of tea plus we have other interests in common.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago