Locked Thread  RSS Total Solar Eclipse 8-21-2017

# 15571 6 years ago on Mon, Oct 23 2017 at 11:03 am

TBH, I swear sometimes it was like a dream. Everybody around here just kind of quit talking about it after a couple of days and there's been nothing further in the news. It truly makes me wonder if it even actually happened.

It's reassuring to know that it's happening elsewhere, like we're not just a small town full of crazy people.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15576 6 years ago on Tue, Oct 24 2017 at 12:26 pm

Just caught up on this earthquake thing. You really had your whole town shake and people are just blowing it off after the government erased the event from their records?

Let me just get some sheets of tin foil here and wrap them around my head...

Alright. That sounds suspicious.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15585 6 years ago on Tue, Nov 21 2017 at 4:28 pm

I can't comment much on earthquakes being "covered up" but there have been a lot of smaller quakes in non-seismic areas as of late.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15588 6 years ago on Fri, Nov 24 2017 at 4:10 am

Covered up? No, I really doubt it's some conspiracy.

On Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 at 9:28 pm, Nitrocosm said:

I can't comment much on earthquakes being "covered up" but there have been a lot of smaller quakes in non-seismic areas as of late.

Never payed that much attention to earthquakes before but it's a pretty common thing to have the small minor ones that nobody can feel. What happened here was likely some accident, maybe mining, but the USGS also had some bad measurements so that's why they deleted it, plus they concentrate on real earthquakes and probably wouldn't bother updating on something that wasn't a real earthquake.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15593 6 years ago on Mon, Dec 4 2017 at 11:04 am

It's probably nothing but you can't help but think it might be a little spooky if there's a big, obvious earthquake and then nobody ever talks about it again.

You sure you weren't dreaming?

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 week ago
Lexica2 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago