Locked Thread  RSS Total Solar Eclipse 8-21-2017

# 15748 5 years ago on Tue, Jun 4 2019 at 12:28 am

Our thoughts are with you. user link on abcnews.go.com

(This post was edited 5 years ago on Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 at 3:54 am)

# 15768 5 years ago on Fri, Jul 5 2019 at 12:42 am

On Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 at 5:28 am, Lexica said:

Our thoughts are with you. user link on abcnews.go.com

Ah, I remember this eclipse - I really wanted to see it fully, in-person, but it was on the first day of school :/

@Lexica: What does the article mean?

Saying that, this article does remind me of a couple who died in a hotel at Egypt last year(?) and several similar travel horror stories.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15771 5 years ago on Fri, Jul 5 2019 at 12:06 pm

On Friday, July 5th, 2019 at 5:42 am, bates said:

@Lexica: What does the article mean?

Bates, there is some cryptic cat-and-mouse game afoot here and the article likely refers to that. (I know that wasn't addressed to me but I wanted to give you a heads up since it's obviously kind of confusing).

There are subtexts that you'll catch onto after hanging out here a while. wink

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15787 5 years ago on Sat, Jul 6 2019 at 6:34 pm

Huh, well I thought lam's spontaneous response was a little off. Now I kind of know why...? Or not. But now it at least makes a little bit of sense.

As for that earthquake, it was likely an explosion or a cave-in very local to where I live and was removed because it technically wasn't an earthquake. Not saying this because of any newer info but everybody I've talked to agrees that's the most likely explanation.

Sadly, California is dealing with far worse earthquakes right now. frown

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15815 5 years ago on Tue, Jul 9 2019 at 11:40 am

On Saturday, July 6th, 2019 at 11:34 pm, Helena said:

Huh, well I thought lam's spontaneous response was a little off. Now I kind of know why...? Or not. But now it at least makes a little bit of sense.

As for that earthquake, it was likely an explosion or a cave-in very local to where I live and was removed because it technically wasn't an earthquake. Not saying this because of any newer info but everybody I've talked to agrees that's the most likely explanation.

Sadly, California is dealing with far worse earthquakes right now. frown

It was certainly a unique response...

The earthquake posts themselves were interesting to read. I do wonder if you hadn't posted those what lam would have posted instead.

The California earthquakes are awful. And my cousins went there yesterday frown

Have a happy New Year!

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:13

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago