Thread  RSS My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

# 14778 12 years ago on Sun, Nov 20 2011 at 1:27 am

So I've recently gotten hooked on the new My Little Pony reboot, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

It's SOOOOO CUTE yay bouncy Also, it seems that it appeals to a wider audience, apparently there's a huge adult following and even a lot of guys seem to like it. They call themselves "Bronies". Admittedly, I thought it was a little creepy at first but I guess they genuinely like the show! Good on them smiley

user link on content.time.com

Anyway, it's all done using computer-aided animation (Flash, I think) and has a nice, simplified art style and character design. It's much prettier than the series from the 1980's.

The creator is Lauren Faust, who is the wife of Craig Mccracken.

I just love this series so far and the phenomenon around it is breaking gender stereotypes!

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 14779 12 years ago on Mon, Nov 21 2011 at 4:44 am

It looks like a really fun series. Not going to lie, I might watch this despite being an adult.

As far as the male fans, no offense but that IS a little weird to me.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 14780 12 years ago on Tue, Nov 22 2011 at 8:01 am

men actually like my llittle pony? f**s

# 14781 12 years ago on Wed, Nov 23 2011 at 11:18 am

It's a fun series. Not that I'm following it that closely, but it has its moments.

# 14782 12 years ago on Thu, Nov 24 2011 at 2:35 pm

I actually checked it out and watched a couple episodes. It's well-made and you can tell the writers treat their audience with respect, even if the target audience is children.

It's not necessarily my cup of tea, but I appreciate the animation quality and the general production values.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:6

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku4 months ago