Thread  RSS Kamen Rider Series

# 15331 14 years ago on Fri, Jan 22 2010 at 8:18 pm

In case you didn't know, I'm a big tokusatsu fan in general and Kamen Rider is one of my favorites. Most people are probably familiar with the kaiju films like Godzilla, Kamen Rider is in the same group as Power Rangers, Ultraman, and the Super Sentai series.

So... Kamen Rider is a superhero who rides a motorcycle. He has an insect-like outfit and fights supervillains, of course.

Kamen Rider's credited with the second wave of popularity for Kaiju films in Japan and it's loooooong runnnig series, dating back to the 70's. That's old. But awesome things can be old. That's allowed. Totally. You think the Simpsons has a long run? Pfft. Got nothing on Kamen Rider.

And now to drive Killrodx totally nuts with more toku references.

# 15332 14 years ago on Sun, Jan 24 2010 at 7:14 am

I watched Power Rangers a little bit when I was a kid but I was a little too old to get way into it at the time. I was in middle school, I think.

But hell yeah for those Godzilla films. Kaiju films are almost universally good, cheesy, popcorn munching fun.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15333 14 years ago on Mon, Jan 25 2010 at 6:10 pm

Kaiju films are almost universally good, cheesy, popcorn munching fun.

Oh, totally. The kaiji are a big part of what makes the genre fun to watch. Giant monsters, almost as great as giant robots. Better....?

*looks at Nitro and Killrodx*

Ok, not better than giant robots. But not as good as laser tigers either.

# 15334 14 years ago on Wed, Jan 27 2010 at 5:06 am

laughing What's with you and laser tigers?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15335 14 years ago on Thu, Jan 28 2010 at 4:03 pm

Miroku, I just can't stop talking about laser tigers. They're just that great.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:4

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago