Thread  RSS Fractale

# 15379 13 years ago on Wed, Sep 14 2011 at 5:21 am

I've been following the anime series "Fractale" over the past several months. It's still a running series and I'm all caught up to the latest episode.

Although I won't spoil it here, it's about a world in the distant future where everything is managed by a type of omnipotent artificial intelligence system with the ability to create holograms anywhere. It's just a bit like Skynet from the Terminator movies.

The main character lives by himself; his parents are holograms projected by the Fractale system. One day he runs into this woman who (of course) turns out to be running from some evil organization. A younger, false version of this woman, called a "doppel" (I assume that's a play on the word "doppelganger") also shows up.

It's a decent series and I'd recommend it. I'm watching it on Hulu.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15380 13 years ago on Sat, Sep 17 2011 at 12:25 am

Sounds like a good show. I have a friend who's watched a few episodes and they said it looked like it might turn out interesting.

I'd imagine something like Fractale, minus the whole "computer now rules the world" part, might be how the Internet works some day.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 15381 13 years ago on Mon, Sep 19 2011 at 7:28 pm

Haven't watched this but the concept art looked really nice.

If it's on Hulu, I'll check it out if it's available in my region.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15382 13 years ago on Thu, Sep 22 2011 at 2:32 pm

If it's on Hulu, I'll check it out if it's available in my region.

I don't know quite how regions work for streaming and licensing but if it's licensed for North America, that should usually include Canada in addition to the United States. Usually.

Could be wrong.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago