Thread  RSS Strike Witches

# 15383 15 years ago on Tue, May 12 2009 at 5:26 am

Strike Witches. Another great mecha musume with cute girls kicking ass.

The setting and period are Earth, alternate history WW2 era. Some destructive alien species called the Neuroi is spreading a type of corrosive substance in the atmosphere. The Neuroi resemble figher aircraft and move / attack as such. Cue the girls, who are adepts with magical abilities and special equipment called striker units, which are basically airplane propeller legs. They use these to fly and maneuver around in the sky during battle.

It's a fun series, despite some aspects being a little silly, one can overlook that for the animation and decent storytelling.

On top of the manga, the anime is supposedly getting a second season some time next year.

# 15384 15 years ago on Sat, May 16 2009 at 10:16 am

I have the admit that the whole propeller-leg thing is, perhaps, a little too weird for my tastes.

There's a chance I might get around to watching the rest of this series. I'm only a few episodes in right now.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15385 15 years ago on Wed, May 20 2009 at 3:06 pm

Eh, maybe the striker gear is silly but I can overlook such things for an overall good plot.

If you do decide to watch more, it does get better, in my opinion.

# 15386 15 years ago on Sun, May 24 2009 at 7:57 pm

Fanservicey show. All the art shows the girls in their underwear.

I know there's lots of pantsu and all that in lots of shows but holy mother of god they're not even trying to be subtle.

# 15387 15 years ago on Fri, May 29 2009 at 12:48 am

I think the reasoning behind the "no-pants" situation is because pants would interfere with the striker units. Something about the pant legs or skirts possibly getting tangled in the propellers.

Or it could just be an excuse for pantsu.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:6

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago