Thread  RSS Discord Server

# 15890 5 years ago on Mon, Jul 29 2019 at 10:26 pm

Yeah... I might sign up again at some point and see what's popping in there. Overall, Discord didn't seem that interesting compared to forums but we'll see, should I get bored enough to get another account put together.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15896 5 years ago on Sat, Aug 10 2019 at 9:09 am

Years ago I'd do stuff like hang out on IRC and Yahoo! chat but anymore it just doesn't seem like a good use of time (if I even had the time). I mean, it's fun coming around here and checking in but I don't spend hours on end every week.

Discord seems like another incarnation of the "hang around to see if anyone else is hanging around" kind of thing. Forums are better because it's more of a "check in for a few seconds every other day (or just use the RSS to notify you automagically wink )

A couple of years ago I went to a seminar about time management and two of the worst things they mentioned were social media and chat rooms because those are designed to entice users to constantly check in and end up spending more time than intended.

I do like that Nitro uses RSS heavily on this and his main site because I don't have to actually do a damn thing to see updates! smiley

user link on apps.apple.com

user link on play.google.com

user link on forums.nitrocosm.com

So while, yes, Discord did in fact ban me for God knows what reason, I'm not sure it's a productive use of time to mess with it again.

(This post was edited 5 years ago on Saturday, August 10th, 2019 at 9:12 am)

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15897 5 years ago on Sun, Aug 11 2019 at 12:26 pm

Ditto on the RSS - I use Feedly sometimes for that. Though I end up just visiting and lurking to check for new things (I guess I dont' trust the RSS reader 100%) a few times a week. There's a bunch of forums that I check around that often.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15898 5 years ago on Thu, Aug 15 2019 at 4:39 pm

I used to use the RSS feature in Firefox (does it even still have that?) before I switched to using Opera.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago