Thread  RSS Discord Server

# 15653 6 years ago on Thu, Aug 16 2018 at 3:29 pm

s***, I don't use discord much, can't remember my password.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15694 6 years ago on Tue, Oct 16 2018 at 9:16 pm

Long term, I don't think the Discord server will be in frequent use. These forums will remain as sort of a hub.

There's also an IRC server but it really isn't used. If anyone's interested, I can see if it's still working and provide the information for it.

Discord has changed a lot since I first made the Nitrocosm Discord server. They're trying to compete with Steam and, as a result, the application becomes more and more over-sized and resource-intensive.

Personally, I don't see myself using Discord on a regular basis by this time next year.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15696 6 years ago on Sun, Oct 21 2018 at 6:31 pm

I very rarely use it for anything. Mostly I just stop in to check out a few servers for activity and then log out.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15697 5 years ago on Mon, Nov 5 2018 at 10:31 am

It's probably better to use something more private and something that remains under your own control. From what I understand, Discord is carefully monitored by its staff and tends to crack down on various things from time to time - even things that seem innocuous.

# 15701 5 years ago on Mon, Nov 5 2018 at 12:40 pm

I just don't get on there in general much these days. Maybe I'm just getting jaded with the Internet as a whole anymore but I don't find Discord or social media all that enticing.

I rarely text but usually prefer that over "chat" online. Though it does require giving out your phone number so that's not ideal.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago