Thread  RSS 2214 Visual Novel!

# 15678 6 years ago on Sun, Sep 9 2018 at 3:55 pm

UPDATE: I'm finally all caught up on the visual novel so far.

Noticed some deviations from the web comic already, not that I dislike it. I think, in this format, we get a much better sense of what life is like in the setting. It's a lot darker than I think the web comic portrayed. Ravenna getting hate mail, abuse at school, etc.

Although I would suggest crowds and news reports on TV to add depth and detail. That always seems to help with immersion.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15680 6 years ago on Mon, Sep 10 2018 at 11:49 pm

On Sunday, September 9th, 2018 at 8:55 pm, Wolfwood29 said:

UPDATE: I'm finally all caught up on the visual novel so far.

Noticed some deviations from the web comic already, not that I dislike it. I think, in this format, we get a much better sense of what life is like in the setting. It's a lot darker than I think the web comic portrayed. Ravenna getting hate mail, abuse at school, etc.

Although I would suggest crowds and news reports on TV to add depth and detail. That always seems to help with immersion.

Good idea. I was considering showing a TV report in the background or something but I'm running out of scenes in chapter one in which to do that.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15681 6 years ago on Wed, Sep 12 2018 at 3:27 pm

Hey all!

I just thought to check in around here again and was pleasantly surprised to see a new thing happening smiley

My thoughts on the visual novel so far:

1) This is a lot like a dating sim, complete with music.

2) Compared to the web comic, it feels more immersive.

3) I wonder if there will be different options and/or paths the player can take?

So, I hope this keeps up and doesn't get suddenly dropped because it does seem like it could turn into something good.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15686 6 years ago on Fri, Sep 14 2018 at 2:23 am

This is my introduction to 2214. Apparently this was a fairly long-running web comic from what I've read around here. I do like the story development so far.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15689 6 years ago on Sat, Sep 22 2018 at 12:11 am

After the latest scene, I can only think of one thing:

I want that air scooter.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:7

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago