Thread  RSS 2214 Technical Information and Timeline Discussion

# 15690 6 years ago on Mon, Sep 24 2018 at 2:43 am

I've been reviewing the timeline of events in 2214's historical timeline and working out some details. One of the things I failed to flesh out properly was the length of the Morgan's Gate migration once it started.

Please feel free to discuss and correct my math if I've goofed up somewhere. Since starting the Visual Novel, I'm revisiting some of the story details and refining the writing where appropriate.

-------------------------------------

The distance from Earth to the Pleiades (estimated) is about 444 light years. The distance to Kaperth is 442.8 light years. (4428 is 2214 x 2. 442.8 is 2214 / 5. What. I LIKE NUMBERS)(edited)

The Morgan's Gate is NOT a FTL-capable migration ship but the V-CORE project is supposed to create a wormhole during the trip.

Since the comic never shows the events that transpire during the actual migration (due to the time leap between Chapters 1 and 2)... the actual duration of the migration was never specified.

In short, I was lazy and never worked it out.

So, in regard to the timeline, the years specified cannot possibly be in C.E. / A.D.

Sooooooooo I figure the Morgan's Gate, with the aid of the V-CORE, effectively makes the trip averaging about 1/10 the speed of light, or 4428 years.

Therefore, Ravenna leaps forward in time 6642 years and Kaperth's calendar year system was reset in 2642 AD.

That's 428 years into the migration (or since Ravenna disappeared) which I guess is an interesting coincidence

Or I'm bad a math.

EDIT: Chapter 2 starts in 5618 AD because the Kaperthian calendar year is 3 Earth years in length. The Kaperthian year is 6214 and that calendar system started the 428th year of the migration.

(This post was edited 6 years ago on Tuesday, September 25th, 2018 at 3:54 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:7

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago