Thread  RSS Robocalls

# 15884 5 years ago on Thu, Jul 25 2019 at 10:23 pm

On Friday, July 26th, 2019 at 1:59 am, Miroku said:

Bates, if most of your social accounts were hacked, were you reusing passwords or something?

Nope, I never reuse passwords. I change them about once a year and they are all over 20 randomly-generated characters. It's odd.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15885 5 years ago on Sat, Jul 27 2019 at 4:00 pm

Hmmm. I wonder how you could have been hacked, then. Is it possible a keylogger got installed on your computer?

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15887 5 years ago on Sun, Jul 28 2019 at 6:54 am

You'd think worse things would start happening if there were serious malware involved.

From what I've heard in IT security circles, FB and Instagram don't have the robust security they'd like their users to believe they have. In some instances, passwords have even been stored in their servers in plain text.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 15888 5 years ago on Mon, Jul 29 2019 at 6:08 am

That is kind of strange. I would have thought that Instagram (owned by Facebook) would take swift action against hacked accounts once they are reported.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15891 5 years ago on Thu, Aug 1 2019 at 12:07 am

I can't say too much about it but we have it on good authority where I work that there is some really big-time hacker stuff going on out there right now. We've had to put a lot of resources into auditing some network resources lately and making sure they're hardened.

Why a hacked Instagram account would be valuable is beyond me but it might have happened due to the availability of "script kiddie" tools that are available on the dark web. There's tons.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:15

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago