Thread  RSS Robocalls

# 15892 5 years ago on Thu, Aug 1 2019 at 9:26 pm

Hacked social accounts can be used for mass advertising (spam) and as an avenue to lure people to sites that install malware on additional computers. It's surprisingly lucrative.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 15893 5 years ago on Tue, Aug 6 2019 at 1:02 pm

I have also noticed that there's been an increase in spammer accounts signing up here (but it looks like you guys keep taking them down, too! yay ). Wonder if that's related to the increase in spam phone calls, like maybe more companies are doing them as some kind of shady business. "We'll robocall people to sell your scam and also flood Internet forums with links to your sites"

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15894 5 years ago on Tue, Aug 6 2019 at 3:22 pm

Automated spammers are as numerous as the computer hardware running them allows.

It's actually surprising that spammer activity hasn't brought the Internet down yet. Enough measures have been put in place to at least slow them down a little.

# 15899 5 years ago on Sun, Aug 18 2019 at 10:17 pm

Getting back to the robocalls for a moment, I have noticed fewer of those kinds of calls on my phone here lately (last couple of months). Maybe there's something automatically catching them in the phone system now.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15910 5 years ago on Sun, Sep 1 2019 at 12:22 am

I don't know if I'm fighting evil or just evil, but I just made a spam caller sing Happy Birthday to me lol. And it's not even my birthday.

I had another that I answered and just received a threat from and hung up. They were from Massachusetts. It's definitely a prank call, but dunno what the purpose is.

Have a happy New Year!

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago