Thread  RSS Robocalls

# 15751 5 years ago on Tue, Jun 4 2019 at 4:11 am

Alright, the deceitful, unsolicited, and farcical calls are excessive lately. Sometimes they are inexplicable. I caught one missed call the other day from (000) 000-0000 and it left an unintelligible message. Many of these are from overseas but this one just sounds like gibberish as opposed to an unfamiliar tongue.

user link on vocaroo.com

Ranting would be commune aetate so I'll forego. It's to be expected for now but it must change. How about commiseration on the topic? How does everybody else choose to manage the influx of "noise" phone traffic?

# 15753 5 years ago on Tue, Jun 4 2019 at 5:23 pm

Sounds like the dumbest prank call in the history of prank calls, Lexi. At first I thought maybe he was spouting some hot Swahili but maybe it's backwards.

There's some dumbasses out there dialing random numbers.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 15754 5 years ago on Tue, Jun 4 2019 at 8:34 pm

Oh, absolutely. I get some from China from time to time. They are almost always automated recordings but I get a few that are legitimately wrong numbers.

My phone has to remain on "do not disturb" mode most of the time just to manage them. It's very frustrating indeed.

Here's one of my favorites from earlier this year: user link on vocaroo.com

laughing

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15757 5 years ago on Tue, Jun 4 2019 at 10:06 pm

Sure, everybody I know gets them. Mostly every day. My phone gets at least two or three per day. I just don't answer. Goes the same on my personal and work phones.

Nitro, that hillbilly message is hilarious but I doubt it's from China.

Lexica, I don't even know what to make of yours.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15759 5 years ago on Tue, Jun 4 2019 at 11:19 pm

For some reason I don't really get them.

Your examples are both really funny.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:6

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago