Thread  RSS Robocalls

# 15869 5 years ago on Sat, Jul 20 2019 at 9:29 pm

Clever. I would advise that spreading panic and overreacting is probably not the best thing for keeping this forum open and welcoming. Just my $0.02 on the matter.

(This post was edited 5 years ago on Saturday, July 20th, 2019 at 9:30 pm)

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 15879 5 years ago on Wed, Jul 24 2019 at 10:00 pm

With regard to robocalls, I never answer any number I don't recognize. It goes straight to voicemail and if it's important I follow up. It's kind of a hard and fast rule for me considering I can't just give up my free time like that to total strangers or machines.

About this coded message stuff, if this is still about Elisa Lam I'm not going to play.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15880 5 years ago on Wed, Jul 24 2019 at 10:13 pm

Okay, on a slight sidenote, does anyone else feel like spam/hacks/robo stuff is becoming more and more commonplace?

These days, many forums that I frequent get spam every few weeks, and most of my social media accounts have been hacked.

Now all my friends think I've put them on Instagram's Hot List frown

I guess there's no ether option when you're online.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15881 5 years ago on Thu, Jul 25 2019 at 6:34 pm

most of my social media accounts have been hacked

Ick. Hope you got all of that straightened out. I've found that second factor authentication (using a code generator is preferable but even SMS-based is better than none at all) really helps on that front.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -- Carl Sagan

# 15883 5 years ago on Thu, Jul 25 2019 at 8:59 pm

Bates, if most of your social accounts were hacked, were you reusing passwords or something?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:9

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago