Thread  RSS Robocalls

# 15911 5 years ago on Sun, Sep 1 2019 at 2:27 pm

On Sunday, September 1st, 2019 at 5:22 am, bates said:

I don't know if I'm fighting evil or just evil, but I just made a spam caller sing Happy Birthday to me lol. And it's not even my birthday.

I had another that I answered and just received a threat from and hung up. They were from Massachusetts. It's definitely a prank call, but dunno what the purpose is.

1. How did you manage to convince them to sing for you? That's pretty impressive. I asked a prank caller to "bark like a dog" once but they just cussed me out and hung up.

2. They threatened you? Now I'm curious as to what the threat was, especially in the lack of context. Seems like a potential police matter there.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15912 5 years ago on Sun, Sep 1 2019 at 3:09 pm

1. I told them I'd give my social security number if they sang Happy Birthday to me. They did (reluctantly), and I told them "My social security number is 9012019... oh sorry, that's my birthday. I don't remember my social security number." Then I hung-up.

2. I don't think so. They just said "You're dead. Don't call this number," in a low voice. Usually that stuff gets me, but this guy wasn't at all convincing lol. I've looked it up and others seem to have had such experiences.. oh well.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15913 5 years ago on Wed, Sep 4 2019 at 5:10 pm

That's hilarious. Those scammers will do just about anything if they think you'll give them your information. Next time I get fooled into answering a robocall, I'll totally have to try that laughing

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15914 5 years ago on Sat, Sep 7 2019 at 1:23 pm

If someone called me and just said "you're dead" I'd respond with "you're right and I crave brains."

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15915 5 years ago on Mon, Sep 9 2019 at 11:47 pm

It can be hard to tell, at times, whether the threats or harassment are targeted or simply a random prank.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago