Thread  RSS Street Harassment

# 15967 4 years ago on Wed, Dec 4 2019 at 6:35 pm

On Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 at 4:16 pm, Kyler said:

Yes, it is. Bullies do what they do because they feel inferior and have to make themselves feel powerful by dominating others.

THIS. SOOO THIS. I agree 100%. Bullies are really the weak ones with insecurities. Confident people are too focused on being successful to belittle others.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 15968 4 years ago on Sun, Dec 8 2019 at 3:43 pm

My whole family thinks I'm irrational for this fear. I don't get that. They act like I'm obsessed with it when they tease me about MY fear constantly. Then they get annoyed when I express any concern about a strange car. It's just frustrating considering I see it as a highly legitimate concern.

Have a happy New Year!

# 15969 4 years ago on Thu, Dec 12 2019 at 6:12 pm

On Sunday, December 8th, 2019 at 8:43 pm, bates said:

My whole family thinks I'm irrational for this fear. I don't get that. They act like I'm obsessed with it when they tease me about MY fear constantly. Then they get annoyed when I express any concern about a strange car. It's just frustrating considering I see it as a highly legitimate concern.

They should take your concerns seriously. I do wonder if they just want to help you feel at ease by not letting the bullies condition you to constantly feel afraid. If you're overwhelmed by fear because of them, they hold power over you that they shouldn't.

It sounds bad. Have you considered contacting the police on the matter? Harassment is illegal and they could be arrested if they keep it up. You could possibly also get a restraining order against them.

# 15970 4 years ago on Sat, Dec 14 2019 at 12:06 am

I wish I could say cat-calling isn't done much anymore, but sadly it does.

Why do people do it? I can't imagine why anyone would enjoy being cat-called.

# 15972 4 years ago on Sat, Dec 14 2019 at 8:38 am

On Saturday, December 14th, 2019 at 5:06 am, Lexica said:

I can't imagine why anyone would enjoy being cat-called.

Honestly, I can't even imagine why anyone would enjoy doing the cat-calling. How dull must your mind be to find it at all amusing? Aside from the ethical stuff, it's so lame. If four dudes in a car randomly pull up behind me yelling, it's not like I'm a wimp for trying to leave that situation. It's also not like it's very "cool/impressive" to do when you're safe in a car and with a big group. I guess it all boils down to being a bully.

You know what they say about people with big horns...

Have a happy New Year!

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:6

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago