Thread  RSS 2214 Visual Novel: Chapter One Complete!

# 16017 4 years ago on Tue, Jan 14 2020 at 6:20 pm

Chapter One of the 2214 Saga Visual Novel has concluded. I have been working on assets for Chapter 2 in the past few weeks as time allows.

I try to stream some drawing sessions related to the visual novel progress on the weekends on my YouTube channel, if anyone here is interested in watching. user link on youtube.com

So... much like the original web comic version, the yet-unknown system on the Morgan's Gate activated after Ravenna sees some weird stuff in the brain tank. She and Bus suddenly disappear.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16023 4 years ago on Thu, Jan 23 2020 at 11:45 am

I watched the finale episode. Can't wait to see Chapter 2!

As for the changes, they make sense. I always thought things jumped around a little too much in Chapter 1 with Ravenna and Bus making two separate trips to the shuttle. Also it makes more sense that they DON'T catch up to a launching shuttle with a hover bike but instead get stuck onboard before it launches.

Also appreciate the bits of animation sprinkled throughout. That and the environment noise in places adds to the atmosphere yay

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 16025 4 years ago on Thu, Jan 23 2020 at 12:27 pm

Glad you liked it, Miroku. One of the reasons for the VN was because the web comic format didn't properly suit the story and I wanted to have way more text without fighting with the artwork for space on the page.

Chapter 2 will certainly go further in-depth and I plan to have much more world building than in the web comic.

It's on hiatus for right now since I'm swamped with an aggressive deadline on the current freelancing project.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16026 4 years ago on Sat, Jan 25 2020 at 7:02 pm

I'm all caught up on the story now.

The brain in the tube is creepy as hell. Ravenna knew that was her suicide bomber uncle? Did her dad tell her about that?

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 16031 4 years ago on Sun, Feb 23 2020 at 1:51 pm

I know work and real life take priority but I look forward to seeing chapter 2 ☺

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago