Thread  RSS Final Fantasy XII

# 10741 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 14 2005 at 9:54 am

In all honesty, the old SNES FF games are always going to be my favorites, although Secret of Mana might just be my all-time favorite of the SNES RPG's. Chrono Trigger's a close second. FFIII's my fave in the FF line.

# 10742 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 14 2005 at 10:02 am

Final Fantasy Tactics? Never played it but from the reviews it wasn't so much story or character-based as it was gameplay-based. For a Final Fantasy game, story and characters are the main attraction in my opinon.

In other words, it was like a non-traditional FF game.

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 10743 19 years ago on Mon, Mar 14 2005 at 10:14 am

It had a story (I won't get into the details - to avoid any spoilers) but it wasn't as deep as say, 7 or 8. The strategy aspect of the game was by far the game's strongest point, and alone is worth getting the game.

# 10744 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 15 2005 at 7:34 am

Turn-based battle systems aren't really my thing. Secret of Mana was more fun for me because the battles were real-time, and didn't switch screens between exploring and battle. Plus, the "sword-charging" aspect of it was fun.

I wish Seiken Densetsu 3 had been licensed in the U.S... man, that one's even better than SOM.

# 10745 19 years ago on Tue, Mar 15 2005 at 7:37 am

SOM was great. Never played that other one though. The great thing about turn-based games is that it's not as stressful to play as real-time battles, and you have time to think about what you'll do next.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago