Thread  RSS More character art

# 14763 13 years ago on Mon, Sep 12 2011 at 3:16 pm
Post Image

Yet another old piece of art. One that I'd almost forgotten about myself. More old game characters, of course. This for a scifi giant mecha game. She's a combat android, modeled after a cute girl in the grand tradition of Kos-Mos. For similar reasons, she doesn't need a giant robot to take out giant robot sized enemies. She is equipped with several weapons for both anti-personnel and anti-mecha combat, and armor which provides increased air/space mobility. Most of which is usually stored in folded space, or something. Her primary combat role is ranged support, with a huge, long-range laser of doom and a set of funnel-like weapons launched from the wings to provide medium-range attack and defense. Her armor isn't too impressive-looking, but its primary defenses are a series of layered force fields.

Being a robot fresh out of (accidental) activation when the game started, she tended toward some odd mixture of naivete and (mostly) logical functioning. Through the course o the game, we discovered a few amusing things, such as that her physical appearance was modeled after a popular idol singer (she even entered a lookalike contest once).

On the art side, her character design is definitely influenced by both sky girls and busou shinki.

# 14764 13 years ago on Wed, Sep 14 2011 at 7:14 am

Very pretty! I like her wings very much!

# 14765 13 years ago on Thu, Sep 15 2011 at 11:12 pm

Thanks. the wings did take a while to get right, but they came out ok.

# 14766 13 years ago on Sat, Sep 17 2011 at 3:09 pm

Wow, that's a good design. I see you're working with the pink-grey-white motif again, which works well, here.

Also, those wings look very meticulously crafted and I like how her arm bands complete an arc with the wings (the gold line)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 14767 13 years ago on Mon, Sep 19 2011 at 7:08 am

One thing to point out is that her legs do seem a little bit long. Looks nice though. Love the halo.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:3

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago