Thread  RSS New Game!

# 14933 7 years ago on Thu, Aug 10 2017 at 7:48 pm

Here's a series I started watching last year.

It's about a group of women in a small game development company called "Eagle Jump". The art style is your typical "moe" style; it's not overly detailed although some of the backgrounds are really good.

In the first season, the show is mostly about the main character, Aoba, adjusting to the work environment. It's a somewhat casual work environment but they have the typical workplace rules and everyone has to wear badges and clock in and out, just like most corporate environments. In fact, it's almost uncomfortable to watch because it's so relatable to those of us who have worked in offices. The workaholic aspect of Japanese offices is depicted, with the characters often working late nights and staying overnight in sleeping bags. Like I said, it gets a little too real at times.

Overall, the story doesn't really get interesting until season 2, where there's some actual conflict between characters. Season 1, aside from the main character's experiences, was about the development of the titular new game.

Having watched the entire first season and being an episode or two into the second, I'm going to continue watching it. I don't know if I'd recommend this over other anime this season quite yet but it's definitely not bad.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15661 6 years ago on Sat, Sep 1 2018 at 10:58 am

I watched a few eps. It's meh, IMO. I've never been a slice of life genre fan though. Was hoping it would have a good story but it's just a bunch of women making a game. Not really too interesting.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:11

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago