Thread  RSS Charlotte

# 15527 7 years ago on Fri, Sep 8 2017 at 4:01 pm

Charlotte's one of those anime where I had no idea how good it was going to be until I started watching it. This one's from Key, the same studio that made Clannad, Air, and Kanon.

While most anime take a few episodes to determine how things are going, Charlotte gives a decent indication from the first episode. The main character has the power to possess other people for about five seconds and a time and abuses his power heavily. He gets caught using his power to cheat on school exams and he's essentially forced to change his ways. His attitude slowly changes as the series progresses.

The plot thickens and twists in some interesting ways and that's the main strength of the series, in my opinion. The main character is almost a villain and nearly becomes one a few times throughout the story.

I highly recommend this. Key has rarely produced something I haven't liked.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15533 7 years ago on Mon, Sep 11 2017 at 2:48 pm

I watched that one earlier this year.

Charlotte's one of those where you don't know what to expect or where the plot's going but toward the end you get slammed with a sudden twist:

spoiler (click to show):

(when Yuu suddenly passes out at the concert and travels back in time - meeting his brother who was only faintly alluded to earlier in the series)

...and the plot changes entirely.

There were certain characters I thought in the beginning would be main characters but they turned out to hardly be in the story at all.

Don't find fault, find a remedy -- Henry Ford

# 15541 7 years ago on Mon, Sep 25 2017 at 11:10 am

I heard it's worth watching. I liked Clannad pretty well, especially After Story.

# 15688 6 years ago on Sat, Sep 15 2018 at 1:13 am

DUDE. My wife and I started watching this series. Definitely one of the better ones we've seen recently.

Normally I'm not too hot about "characters have supernatural powers therefore fighting bad guys" because it's so cliche but damn if this one doesn't have some nice plot twists.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15705 5 years ago on Sat, Nov 10 2018 at 9:10 am

I think I liked it mainly for the high production values. The story is good, though.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago