Thread  RSS The Metaverse

# 16238 2 years ago on Mon, May 9 2022 at 8:53 pm

Miroku, I hope you're right, at least as far as what Facebook / Meta has planned.

I would really enjoy watching Facebook go out of business. They recently banned me from buying advertising and gave me no specific reason why they did so. So... yeah, let them crash and burn.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16240 2 years ago on Sun, May 15 2022 at 12:46 am

Agreed on the whole Metaverse thing. It just sounds depressing. Also I have read stuff about a woman in it being assaulted by a bunch of guys also in the Metaverse. I’m not sure if that was actually true or just someone trying to make a point but yeah.

Have a happy New Year!

# 16253 2 years ago on Mon, Jul 18 2022 at 3:36 pm

The "metaverse" is to be avoided, in my opinion. Social media is insidious enough with the way it absorbs attention and forms addictive habits (checking notifications and validation-seeking behavior), not to mention its role in shaping public opinion.

A more immersive form of social media would be quite dangerous. If you aren't paying, you are the product. Even if you are paying, your information is being harvested for additional profit.

# 16258 2 years ago on Sun, Aug 28 2022 at 1:40 pm

So... nobody heard of Replika, I take it. About the Metaverse, probably going to be a flop. I predict Meta's going to sink a lot of money into its development only to find out hardly anyone will use it. Most of my friends family and co-workers dropped FB years ago in favor of private chat apps or specifically work-related things like Slack / Zoom.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 16351 9 months ago on Fri, Jun 30 2023 at 1:26 pm

On Sunday, August 28th, 2022 at 6:40 pm, Wolfwood29 said:

So... nobody heard of Replika, I take it.

I had to look that one up, Wolfwood. Replika seems just too sad to be a thing. Damn, if you're going to want a "virtual" friend, it's time to re-evaluate your life and figure out why you'd need that instead of spending time with real friends.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:4

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm3 weeks ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood293 months ago
Miroku3 months ago
Doitsujin4 months ago