Thread  RSS Chilling Effects

# 16196 2 weeks ago on Thu, Jan 6 2022 at 9:28 am

I had to hide the topic "Covid Vaccine Requirements" in the "Current Events" category.

Why? It's certainly not because I wanted to do so. I was recently banned from a link aggregation service due to violating their rules. Although they did not specify the rule I broke, I strongly suspect it's because of that particular topic in these forums. I had the home page of these forums linked in that service.

user link on www.smh.com.au

This is the world in which we now live. Honest, open discussions are now dangerous and can jeopardize a web site (there's the potential risk of my hosting provider banning me) due to certain ideas and topics considered "misinformation".

It is unfortunate but, if I can get clarification from the service that banned me, I'll restore that discussion if it turns out it wasn't what broke the rules.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE:

The service replied to my e-mail and told me there was no violation of the rules on my account and they restored it. Still, I am not sure if they reviewed it right after I removed the controversial topic thread.

Another update:

Now that the Linktree ban was confirmed to be an error, I've restored the thread.

(This post was edited 2 weeks ago on Friday, January 7th, 2022 at 5:04 pm)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16197 2 weeks ago on Sun, Jan 9 2022 at 9:09 pm

Well I'm not shocked at that bulls***, they're going after small web sites already if they let commenters be skeptical of the mandates, etc. I don't like the decision to self-censor but at least I can understand why you did it.

It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There's clearly enough room for more wine.

# 16201 2 weeks ago on Tue, Jan 11 2022 at 12:30 pm

Nitro, if you allow misinformation to spread on here, I'm sorry but your web hosting has every right to drop you. People will die from misinformation.

If somebody doesn't get the vaccine because of what they read here and then they die of covid as a result, don't you think you're liable?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

# 16203 2 weeks ago on Tue, Jan 11 2022 at 12:58 pm

On Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 at 5:30 pm, Miroku said:

If somebody doesn't get the vaccine because of what they read here and then they die of covid as a result, don't you think you're liable?

We're not spreading disinformation on here. No one is saying "don't get vaccinated" and I, in fact, have encouraged vaccination from the start.

I'll do it again: Talk to your doctor about your particular health situation and, if there are no specific risks, I recommend taking the vaccines because they help reduce the severity of the illness if you catch it.

That being said, I'm not going to censor people who bring up valid points about side effects and doubts about the efficacy of the shots. I'm certainly not against discussing government policies around the world regarding lockdowns and mandates. It's an important topic and, as long as it's kept civil, I won't ban honest discussion about it.

One last note, Miroku, while you are free to express your opinions, please refrain from false accusations or characterizations. If there is actual disinformation being posted, I will remove it.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:8

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm5 days ago
Doitsujin2 weeks ago
Miroku2 weeks ago
SirAuron2 weeks ago