Thread  RSS The 20th Anniversary!

# 16307 1 year ago on Mon, Feb 13 2023 at 5:46 am

Good times.

I remember finding the old virulyde.com forums back in the day after clicking an ad on Megatokyo (which I no longer read). 2214 was a lot different back then but the story pulled me in and the forums were a huge part of what had me coming back.

I've met a lot of cool people here and formed a lot of great memories.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 16363 9 months ago on Mon, Jul 24 2023 at 12:05 am

On Monday, February 13th, 2023 at 10:46 am, Wolfwood29 said:

I remember finding the old virulyde.com forums back in the day after clicking an ad on Megatokyo (which I no longer read).

I stopped reading Megatokyo many years ago. I can't remember the exact reason why but it's likely the same reason 2214 lost a lot of readers - decreasingly frequent updates.

I've met a lot of cool people here and formed a lot of great memories.

Same here.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 16365 9 months ago on Sat, Jul 29 2023 at 5:18 am

On Friday, January 27th, 2023 at 3:58 pm, Nitrocosm said:

This year, on February 23, marks the 20th anniversary of the 2214 web comic and, in June, the 20th anniversary of the original virulyde.com forums (the predecessor of these forums)!

A blast from the past (do people say that anymore?):

user link on web.archive.org

Although the original web comic concluded (in kind of a rushed, cop-out fake ending), the Visual Novel (VN = letters 22 and 14 of the alphabet, respectively) continues and the story will not only differ but have a more complete (and very different) ending.

The 2214 precursor web comic will eventually continue and I've been toying with the idea of even going back to the original 2214 web comic, removing that final page, and continuing the story toward a different ending.

Congratulations on the anniversary! 20 years is a long, long time. cool

I am very happy it's still around and going after this long time. Whatever specific avenue or focus you wish to pursue in the future with your project, I'm looking forward! grin

p.s. I suspect that I stumbled across Nitrocosm.com like Wolfwood did, via Megatokyo. I think the combination of "Interstellar Migration" and "Mystery" was what caught my attention. yay

# 16367 9 months ago on Sat, Jul 29 2023 at 7:02 am

On Saturday, July 29th, 2023 at 10:18 am, Doitsujin said:

I am very happy it's still around and going after this long time. Whatever specific avenue or focus you wish to pursue in the future with your project, I'm looking forward! grin

Thanks; glad to hear it.

Going forward, I plan to resume the 2214 Visual Novel. As for the spin-off webcomic, a severe case of writer's block still exists (how to transition to the next scene, etc.)

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:10

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm1 month ago
Lexica3 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago