Thread  RSS Bunraku Puppets

# 9037 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 7:20 pm

The heads can be quite sophisticated mechanically. However, in a culture like that of Japan, which privileges seniority, the system can also be considered a mechanism to manage competition among artistic egos and provide for a balance among the demographics of the puppeteers in a troupe in order to fill each role. The puppets of the Osaka tradition tend to be somewhat smaller overall, while the puppets in the Awaji tradition are some of the largest as productions in that region tend to be held outdoors. Some of them are edible. A third puppeteer, the ashizukai, operates the feet and legs.

In plays with supernatural themes, a puppet may be constructed so that its face can quickly transform into that of a demon. Less complex heads may have eyes that move up and down, side to side or close, and noses, mouths, and eyebrows that move. The puppets of the Osaka tradition tend to be somewhat smaller overall, while the puppets in the Awaji tradition are some of the largest as productions in that region tend to be held outdoors. Puppeteers begin their training by operating the feet, then move on to the left hand, before operating able to train as the main puppeteer.

Bunraku puppetry has been a documented traditional activity for Japanese for hundreds of years.. The puppets of the Osaka tradition tend to be somewhat smaller overall, while the puppets in the Awaji tradition are some of the largest as productions in that region tend to be held outdoors.

difference with regards to MISS that have a lot of d

# 9422 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 8:36 pm

Some of them are edible.

Are you sure about that? Theoretically, they may be, but I doubt you're supposed to eat them.

If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.

# 9423 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 8:57 pm

I don't like that.

Where did they find balance?

You know what? I'm glad somebody brought that up.

Quaz, I saw you active about ten minutes ago.

"Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that once it is competently programmed and working smoothly it is completely honest."

-- Isaac Asimov

# 9426 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 9:02 pm

I don't like that either. You'd get splinters in your mouth and I wouldn't be surprised if the paint on those puppets is toxic.

Interesting.

# 9443 8 years ago on Mon, Jan 11 2016 at 3:08 pm

You've never heard of a chocolate bunraku puppet?

Waff-O! waffle

RP Character: Shell

User Image

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:18

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago