Thread  RSS Giant Mecha Report

# 15249 14 years ago on Thu, Nov 12 2009 at 4:43 pm

Everybody loves giant robots. I'm personally a fan of GaoGaiGar, Voltron, Mobile Suit Gundam, G Gundam, Nadesico's Gekigengar, Super Robot Wars, among others. In mecha anime, the giant robots usually have human pilots and may or may not require certain rare types of people, for a variety of reasons. Usually special talents or physical characteristics. Aside from piloted mecha some are remote-controlled, autonomous or even sentient, then you have the wearable powered-suit types.

In the case of the Gundam series, they're usually mechanical but in the case of Eureka Seven and Evangelion (as general examples) they're some kind of biological-mechanical hybrids.

Normally they're used as military weaponry in the (sometimes not-to-distant) future or alternate realities.

As mentioned before, Super Robot Wars is a great series of RPGs revolving around, what else, giant mecha.

It's a pretty straightforward battle strategy game system and features some characters from the Gundam series in addition to original characters. It's also mixed in with a type of magic system.

And I should mention the mecha from Xenogears here. Especially Weltall and Weltall-Id.

# 15250 14 years ago on Fri, Nov 13 2009 at 2:12 pm

My favorite mecha anime as a kid was Tranzor-Z (Mazinger Z). My first was Voltron. It's what was on TV at the time, around 1985 and 1986.

As for an all-time favorite, that would be hard to choose. Xenogears is my favorite video game of all time so I might have to pick the Xenogears gear from the game. Weltall is cool but pales in comparison to Xenogears.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15251 14 years ago on Sat, Nov 14 2009 at 11:43 am

Without a doubt I like Gundam Wing the best when it comes to mecha anime. All of the main characters' Gundams are cool but Death Scythe is my favorite. The top pick.

Duo Maxwell and Quatre are my favorite characters, aside from the magnificent b****** Zechs. raspberry

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

# 15252 14 years ago on Sun, Nov 15 2009 at 9:14 am

I remember when Gundam Wing aired on Toonami. It was neat but I had a hard time following the story.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 15253 14 years ago on Mon, Nov 16 2009 at 6:44 am

The story can get complicated, Nitro. That's typical of any Gundam series.

It's about more than robots beating the crap out of each other raspberry

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:11

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku4 months ago