Thread  RSS The Xenosaga Series

# 7307 8 years ago on Sun, Dec 20 2015 at 11:43 pm

(In the future, I'll have plenty to say here. I just wanted to start the thread now.)

Despite its flaws, Xenosaga is one of my favorite video game series. Like its "spiritual" predecessor, Xenogears, it was cut short due to various reasons.

Personally, my favorite of the three games in the series was the third one. The art and design of the first game was a bit unrefined (not awful but not as great as the other two) and it was lacking in terms of mecha battles. The second game had overly complicated gameplay mechanics in the character battles but decent mecha battles. The third game seemed to get everything just about right.

Some people have speculated that the Xenoblade games are indirectly related to the other "Xeno" games. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to Xenoblade so I have no idea. That's part of why I started this thread, though; it would be cool to see what others have to say about that.

73's, KD8FUD

User Image

# 8713 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 3:26 am

All the Xeno games are worth playing. I'm one of those people who consider Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade to be related, even if it's headcanon. Because what difference does it make whether it's explicitly intended or acknowledged?

My personal favorite is the first Xenosaga game. I didn't get a chance to play the second one and never finished the third but I'm aware of how the story goes. XS1 is my favorite compared to Xenoblade (better graphics but less story depth) or Xenogears (too much story, convoluted and too long).

One of these days I'll have to get a copy of XS2 off ebay and complete the collection.

The blue sky is infinitely high, crystal clear...that's what the world should be...a world of infinite possibilities, laid before us, crystal clear"

# 8831 8 years ago on Sun, Jan 10 2016 at 2:16 pm

I remember years ago hearing a lot of discussions about Xenosaga and Xenogears. I've never played them, but I like the subject matter a lot from what I've seen online.

The idea of a space-faring people becoming stuck on a planet and, from their point of view, Earth and high technology is actually now a collection of ancient relics -- that interests me.

Huh, maybe I should actually get a copy of Xenogears and play it, now that I think about it.

"Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt!"

Return to Index Return to topic list

Forgot password?
Currently Online
Users:0
Guests:20

Most Recently Online
Nitrocosm2 months ago
Lexica4 months ago
Wolfwood294 months ago
Miroku5 months ago
Doitsujin5 months ago